Werewolf By Night Special SPOILER discussion

Home » Forums » Movies, TV and other media » Werewolf By Night Special SPOILER discussion

Author
Topic

Out today on D+ and it may as well get its own spoiler thread.

I thought it was a bit disappointing really. Cast was good, but the story is slight and pretty boring for long stretches, with the supposedly expert monster hunters all being fairly useless. And it clearly should have been titled the Bloodstone Hunt because a) that’s what it’s about and b) it treats Jack being a werewolf as something of a twist despite it being right there in the title.

Man-Thing was well realised though, and I’d be happy to see him, Jack and Elsa again.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author
Replies

I thought it was fun. I liked the cigarette burns to indicate the reel changes.

3 users thanked author for this post.

I thought it was decent enough as an hour-long thing, but stretching this out to a movie would have been way too much. The Black and White gimmick worked pretty well, but I feel like they sorta ran out of ideas for the schlocky horror elements early and it descended into the standard MCU beat ’em up by the end. And Elsa should have been wearing her Euro T-shirt under the coat.

Nice to see Punk on the Bus from Star Trek in something else too.

3 users thanked author for this post.

It was fairly enjoyable and like almost everything could have been shorter. Very “Haloweeny” sorta like Trick r Treat or Sleepy Hollow. Actually, I found it the most interesting Marvel show since WandaVision. I’m always up for more Marvel Monsters.

Watched this last night. Far more enjoyable Wakanda Forever, running a much closer vibe to early marvel films.

I would have loved this to be the first half of a movie – black and white horror riff first half, and then a swerve into modern horror movie, or something else for the second half. Maybe with Nightmare as a Freddy clone?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar