The Al-X Relationship Tread

Home » Forums » The Loveland Arms – pub chat » The Al-X Relationship Tread

Author
Topic

Discuss relationships, marriage, dating, friend zones and the single life here.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by lorcan_nagle.
  • This topic was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by lorcan_nagle.
Viewing 100 replies - 101 through 200 (of 1,002 total)
Author
Replies

I saw the most handsome man I have ever seen at a party last week. No homo, nor bi, but man, this was a stunning beauty. He inspired me to get back into the “getting into shape” project.

Ever heard of ghosting?

Ever heard of ghosting?

Has it anything to do with being thirsty?

Ever heard of ghosting?

Is it this?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ever heard of ghosting?

From urbandictionary.com

Ghosting
    When a person cuts off all communication with their friends or the person they’re dating, with zero warning or notice before hand. You’ll mostly see them avoiding friend’s phone calls, social media, and avoiding them in public.
    I haven’t seen Tom in 3 months. I think he may be ghosting me.
    #ghosting
    by SunnyDoll August 19, 2016

Ok …

Now for thirsty.

If a lot of people are ghosting you, it may not be them who have a problem.

Now for thirsty.

There’s an easy solution.

thirsty

Thirsty
    1. Too eager to get something (especially play)
    2. Desperate
    (Boy running up) “Ay gurl whasup? Look, you lookin real nice, can I get that young number?”

(Girl under breath) “Thirsty”

Well done JR…

Now, it had been said in the US that those who were raised in a small town are more into marrying and settling down and those who are into city life are more into dating. Maybe it is like that but each person is different with cultural values and so on. Some cultures are into family a lot. I have wondered about Europe, Asia, and overseas overall.

In Asia the more rural you are the later you marry, it’s quite typical that if you live on a remote island the average age of marriage is 76. In the big cities it’s around 15.

This mainly applies to those who are thirstily happening though.

Ever heard of ghosting?

Has it anything to do with being thirsty?

It would have been funnier if we all agreed to ignore Al’s question :-)

Or put sheets over our heads and ran around shouting “wooooooooo”.

Bruce, fellow… we don’t need to know that much detail about your private life… TMI

I could go on asking about the term boo, bae, bff, but I digress…

One thing I learned here was about calling women moody. I had some nice times where we joked and hit it off well and the next time I see her she doesn’t smile or anything just a dry hello. I used to think it was moody but a lot can happen between the time you hit it off well and the next time you see her.

You just don’t pick up where you left off.

Bruce, fellow… we don’t need to know that much detail about your private life… TMI

Al, you’re so thirsty. That wasn’t oversharing. I mean I didn’t tell you where i’d cut holes in the sheets and what would be poking through them.

Don’t tell…
    I don’t even want to know.

@AL-X, do you know what “yachting” is?

Is it a bit like motorboating?

No.

Yachting is when a celebrity (actress, model, etc) engages in high end prostitution with the ultra rich. It is often used to supplement income during lean times or between gigs in their real job. It’s pretty much the top end of prostitution.

Any gossip you want to share Todd, like names?

Any gossip you want to share Todd, like names?

Everything you need is right here:
    https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/?m=1

If a lot of people are ghosting you, it may not be them who have a problem.

I still want to know the gossip about which actress or model does yachting…😂

I still want to know the gossip about which actress or model does yachting…😂

Michelle Rodriguez and Naomi Campbell come to mind. Supposed back in the day, Meghan Markle did it and there’s pictures and/or video out there.

Follow these sites if you want to learn more. I think many items are bullshit but I think quite a few are true.

https://www.crazydaysandnights.net/

https://blindgossip.com/

Interesting but I will stop there so as not to go off on a tangent and disrupt the coolness that is the relationship thread…

Katie Cassidy Files for Divorce From Husband Matthew Rodgers

Katie Cassidy Files for Divorce From Husband Matthew Rodgers

I honestly don’t know who those people are.

Well I still don’t know what happened to the girl from Yale…😂

the girl from Yale

Well I still don’t know what happened to the girl from Yale…😂

Trust me, you’re better off having been dumped with the stories I’ve been hearing about her. Talk about dodging a bullet…

In looking back, I was into high academic achievement and was rather fascinated at her getting into a school that only accepts 5% of the applicants….

On another note:

https://www.startrek.com/news/learning-to-be-friends-with-your-ex-with-riker-and-troi

Regarding size difference:

Some women go for a big muscular guy because they feel he can protect them and they will feel safe. Other women feel that a big guy will over power them and even hit them in a rage.

Just saying…

So you’re saying the best mate for some women is someone who’s big, but soft. Like the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters?

Depends…

Two kinds of women and to each their own😉

Dating Shape

I said it before to get in shape to attract others, but now I want to make it perfectly clear that you get in shape to prove something to yourself first that you can do it, not necessarily to cater to others.

As Rick Nelson once sang, “you can’t please everyone, so you’ve got to please yourself.”

Tyson Fury has been taking that advice very literally.

Tyson Fury says he’s been “masturbating seven times a day” in order to keep the “testosterone pumping” ahead of his hotly anticipated rematch with Deontay Wilder.

Seems like good life advice in general

Tyson Fury says he’s been “masturbating seven times a day”

That explains why one of his arms is much more developed than the other….

Ladies do that about me but I digress…

It has been 10 years since unladylike…

How time flies

It has been 10 years since unladylike…

How time flies

So you have gotten more ladylike since then?

10 years may have passed but its probably only been a fortnight since you last mentioned it.

Nonsense Bruce…

Just pure nonsense

Anyone here been in the situation of dating someone from a large, close knit family?

I used to post about meeting fathers who resent you in the back of their minds, but this time: there are some large families that are very close and you feel like you are practically dating or marrying into them.

Anyone here been in the situation of dating someone from a large, close knit family?

I used to post about meeting fathers who resent you in the back of their minds, but this time: there are some large families that are very close and you feel like you are practically dating or marrying into them.

I married into one and it has been a great experience. I get along great with my in-laws. They really make me and my sister Sally feel like part of the family.

Sounds good.

My family isn’t that big, so marrying into a huge family of in-laws might make me feel like I am being swallowed up, identity and all.

Just saying

Sounds good.

My family isn’t that big, so marrying into a huge family of in-laws might make me feel like I am being swallowed up, identity and all.

Just saying

It really isn’t like that at all. You still keep your identity with the extended family becoming a great add on.

Ok then…

I think in truth Al it probably depends what they (and you) are like. I know that’s a bit of a boring answer but it’s the most accurate one.

Audrey has a big family (her mum was one of 7 kids and she has 2 brothers), a lot of cousins all over but they are generally really nice people and I get along with them fine. You aren’t spending an enormous chunk of your life in the extended family anyway, even when they live nearby it tends to be certain occasions so it’s not like your identity will be swallowed up for any extended period of time. If you feel that way it’ll be over soon enough, like being at a crap party.

On the other hand I know a few people that won’t even speak to their own parents or siblings because they clash so much, even prefer their in-laws.

Not working

What is not working Al?

You need to help out a little in explaining the issue, you say you can’t post in this thread but just did. Were you posting a link or something that the board doesn’t like?

I’ll try again

Love the name change btw…

Philosophy time:
    I am always reminded of the episode where Spock told the Vulcan Stonn who got the girl, that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. I guess it was so well put that it stayed with me but I digress…

Sound like a bad case of sour grapes from the pointy eared hobgobblin.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Actually he had a point though.

Having is not pleasing as wanting, which is which is why people like JLo, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, etc. all have exes… Makes me wonder though, what the exes have to say from their side.

Just saying.

Actually he had a point though.

Two in fact. One on the top of each ear.

Valentine’s day is approaching and though my wife and I haven’t celebrated it with gifts for many years, this time I’m doing something unexpected.

Just before Christmas she lost the center stone from her engagement ring. With my daughter’s help, I snuck the ring out of her jewelry box and had the sapphire replaced as well as the surrounding diamonds tightened up. I gave it to her for her birthday in January (first she got an oven mitt, lowering expectations makes the real gift that much sweeter! :-) )

My ring was lost 15 years ago and was custom so not easily replaced or reproduced but when she put hers back on she got teary eyed remembering that we used to have matching rings. So I digitally scanned our wedding photos, spent a few days sketching my ring and will be picking up what is hopefully a faithful recreation of it on Monday.

She’ll be surprised to get a Valentine’s day present at all but will be blown away when she opens it.

I haven’t bought any fine jewelry since 1995, the ring is more than 4 times the original cost…..its just GOLD for cryin out loud!

Hey, cut it out Andy; you’re making the rest of us look bad!

:good:

Have a groovy time!!!

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/02/if-you-want-marriage-equals-then-date-equals/606568/

EQwahU1WoAAMnmr

Denise Richards turns 49 today and that reminds me of her telling guys who tried to get over on her: “What do you take me for? This is not Wild things…”

Kate Upton saw some guys high fiving each other over her and objectifying her.

Guys, don’t be like that…

What guys are you talking about? You mean this bunch of old-farts in here who probably can’t get it up anymore? xD

What guys are you talking about? You mean this bunch of old-farts in here who probably can’t get it up anymore? xD

When it comes to sex, I can hold my own!

Back to my last post…

If you’re known just for your looks and body, you are usually popular and get a lot of attention by default. Reason why is that you are just someone everybody wants to… you know. Whether you are taken seriously is another matter. There really should be more to the person than just that. It explains a little bit why those women were fighting for respect. They shouldn’t have to but its not a perfect world.

Just saying…

Well, Denise Richards is one matter, but Kate Upton’s entire career is built on objectification, isn’t it?

I’m not saying that she as a person doesn’t deserve to be treated with respect, but as far as her job is concerned, she completely represents objectification. If it didn’t exist, she’d be an unknown.

True…

My post was mainly about the men and how they act around someone attractive.
    They seem to revert to their teens.

On a side note, Upton ended up marrying a man 12 years older than her. Apparently maturity did matter.

Love Is Blind’s Vanessa Lachey Says Shower Sex Is the Key to Her Happy Marriage with Nick Lachey

Thoughts? TMI?

Thoughts?

What if I don’t want to have shower sex with Nick Lachey? Does that mean my marriage is over?

Sorry to say Todd, yes it means your marriage is doomed.

There is still time, Todd. He is a very attractive man.

Given the current conditions, Shower Sex probably is the best sex to have, as long you use enough soap.

And as long as the shower consents.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Isn’t water actually supposed to be a terrible lubricant?

I miss the times when I would post dating philosophy, articles, al-xisms, etc. but none of that is happening now.

Things are serious these days and getting worse.

So I have nothing for the time being but this post saying that I have nothing.

Yeah, it’s kind of hard to develop a relationship in the days of social distancing. Hope you are taking care of yourself, Alfred.

Ah, I am sure the good people at Tinder are already figuring out how to tie distance video dating into their app. Or have already done so.

I think it’s called sexting, Christian. ;)

Dame Shirley has a hell of a set of pipes on her!

Also:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Bruce.

Say…

Being in quarantine apparently means close quarters with your significant other more than usual.

How is your relationship going at this time? Do you listen or just wait for your turn to talk?

Also, I use Zoom, Skype, etc. and I notice that no one looks that good these days….

Just saying.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Al-x.

How is your relationship going at this time? Do you listen or just wait for your turn to talk?

No, I’ve found it very useful to never actually listen to my life partner and instead to just occasionally interject with a few witty one-liners when she comes to the end of a sentence, like we’re thinly-sketched characters in a bad sitcom. It really seems to have strengthened the relationship.

Frustrated with sarcasm are we?

I’m only joking around. I just don’t think it’s a very realistic take on how relationships work or how people think about them.

Even if someone isn’t a great listener, they’re not going to think of themselves as someone who ignores their partner and just waits for their chance to hold forth.

You’re right though that the current circumstances are going to intensify relationships. I think that could be in a positive as well as a negative way, as people focus on what’s really important to them. But at the same time there’s always a risk that difficulties and tensions are magnified. As always, finding a path together through communicating and working together as a team is the best way I think.

In related news, divorces are expected to rise following the coronavirus:

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by njerry.

I’ve also heard youth workers say that they are very worried that there will be a rise in domestic violence.

Chris Rock must be shitting himself.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Well, you and your significant other are confined in close quarters.

I knew a couple who rented a small apartment and they realized it was
    too small for them when they were together. So they moved to a larger
    apartment and they did better overall.

I suspect births may do too though.

Being in those heady days of an early relationship where you can’t stop thinking about being together and that’s what happens sounds pretty cool too.

What if, nine months from now, all these Coronababies are born simultaneously, all with platinum-blond hair and weird eyes? What if Village of the Damned was a documentary from the future?

You may be on to something…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/global-condom-shortage-coronavirus-shuts-down-production

This crisis informed me for the first time just how many of the world’s condoms (and also gloves) are made in Malaysia. I always knew it was a major supplier of rubber but not the specifics.

As for getting in dating shape at this time…

If you can’t even get up to do basic exercises in your own house,
    don’t blame the gym for being closed.

I am sofa king p.o. of this quarantine. I want to go outside and see Spring, meet people, talk to them.

But…

Have you been able to work from home Al? Have you plenty to keep you occupied during down down time?

Yes and yes…

Viewing 100 replies - 101 through 200 (of 1,002 total)

This topic is temporarily locked.

Skip to toolbar