Loki on Disney+ (SPOILER discussion)

Home » Forums » Movies, TV and other media » Loki on Disney+ (SPOILER discussion)

Author
Topic

Loki starts tomorrow: unusually for a Marvel series on Disney+, new episodes are premiering on Wednesdays rather than Fridays.

Discuss with spoilers for broadcast episodes here.

Viewing 5 replies - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
Author
Replies

Yeah, I agree with Lorcan, I think they really stuck the landing here. I’ve enjoyed this series moment to moment but it’s had issues – the big disconnect between episode 1 and 2 (“who the hell is Brad?!”), time-slipping suddenly becoming a different thing, the general pacing of plot threads – but this finale really worked and that imagery of Loki dragging the timelines into a new World Tree was excellent. And quite clever that the series has been about him accepting that he has no Glorious Purpose, he’s never going to be king of Asgard etc etc and then he ends up trapped on a throne at the centre of reality. I assume it’s not the last we’ll see of the character – surely he has to come into Secret Wars in some manner – but it is a nice place to leave him, for a while.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Hmm, well, that’s done. It didn’t work that well for me. Renslayer’s fate is unclear, Ms Minutes is let off. The play on norse mythology and the world tree was neat, also worked as a rejection of He Who Remains.

The bigger problems is I don’t feel much of a sense of connection to these characters, there’s been a vast amount of time bollocks, which adds up to me watching it because its available but little more than that.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Some Quantum Leap, the Capaldi Dr Who episode (where the Dr. spent a long time in a loop breaking through a wall), and a little bit of the final fate in Grant Morrison “All Star Superman”.

Ok ending.

Some Quantum Leap, the Capaldi Dr Who episode (where the Dr. spent a long time in a loop breaking through a wall), and a little bit of the final fate in Grant Morrison “All Star Superman”.

Ok ending.

Weird show. Congrats to Marvel for finally making a show in which the final episode was the best of the series. It does play out like they could have foregone the previous five episodes and just had this as the finale proper to season one, though.

Huge credit to the music by Natalie Holt, which really elevated the grand finale.

Kang remains as intimidating a big bad as Mayor Humdinger from Paw Patrol. Even without the issues with the actor I would be reconsidering basing so much of the upcoming main event Avengers stuff around this character.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 replies - 201 through 205 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar