Introduce yourself

Home » Forums » The Loveland Arms – pub chat » Introduce yourself

Author
Topic

As we close down the other place I felt we could steal stuff on the way out.

Brand new forum, tell everyone who’s coming for a nosey a little about yourself.

Name:
Age Range:
Comics you’re currently buying:
Favorite Millar book?
Favorite comic characters:
Top TV shows right now:
Best movie you saw in the last year:
Where do you live?
Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name?
What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier?
If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat?
Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with?
If you could visit one place, where would you go?
If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick?

Viewing 96 replies - 1 through 96 (of 96 total)
Author
Replies

If you ask the questions, you are required to be the first to answer them. ;)

Bollocks.

Name: Peyton
    Age Range: The 40s
    Comics you’re currently buying: Hickman comics, Whedonverse, Justice League, Outer Darkness, Critical Role, Priest comics
    Favorite Millar book? Ultimates or maybe Huck.
    Favorite comic characters: Jack Knight and the Shade. With a side order of Miles Morales. I do not buy any comics with any of them in it at the moment.
    Top TV shows right now: Most of my shows I love aren’t on. Currently watching Warrior, Temple, Suits, Bake off, and trying to rewatch Elementary and Person of Interest.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Avengers Endgame, John Wick 3. Really want to see Booksmart.
    Where do you live? Leeds
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? I cannot give you that under GDPR
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? We’re Green again.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Rewind to 2015 and try again, but like Tony I’d want to keep some things we have now.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? I could eat all the things I can’t eat on a no carb diet. Based on yesterday I’m going to miss fruit cake the most.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Tony Stark to bankroll it and be less intense than Bruce Wayne, Danny Ocean because he will definitely know the best places, Harry Dresden despite the tech issues, Locke Lamora, and the Doctor. Last time I was thinking about stealing, this time more of the experience.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? New Zealand keeps staying there, but there’s some great Spa breaks Clare’s found which are top of the list.
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Dodsworth.

Name: Kieran
    Age Range: Late 30s

Comics you’re currently buying: None, though I buy the odd trade every now and again. Purely had to redirect finances.

Favorite Millar book? Kick Ass

Favorite comic characters: Lots but it’s either the flash or Spidey, as top two.

Top TV shows right now: Peaky Blinders

Best movie you saw in the last year: Avengers Endgame, I think, don’t go often these days with having the kids.

Where do you live? A Mining town called Mexborough, not far from Sheffield UK.

What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? New here to the carrier itself but always liked the Millarworld community.

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Though one, lots of things really difficult to narrow one down.

If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? A chicken noodle broth I had in Brazil when working there 2 years ago, best thing I’ve tasted.

Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Sharpe, Yorkshire lad loves a beer and is pretty tough, Uthred of Bennaburg similar as Sharpe, provides some muscle. The Flash, he can get rounds in quicker than anyone else, Yoda for some fun wisdom but also because he’d be funny when drunk. Erm Han Solo, something funs bound to happen round his shifty nature.

Disney World, ok its not unachievable or anything crazy but it’s for the kids

Tough but I’d think myself and Nathan Gardner would get on having Naval backgrounds.

Name: The Lorcan Nagle
    Age Range: 1500 metres
    Comics you’re currently buying: The Wild Storm in trades, some other random bits
    Favorite Millar book? Ultimates
    Favorite comic characters: Deunan and Briareos from Appleseed, Jack Marlowe from Wildcats v2/3.0, Impactor
    Top TV shows right now: Star Trek: Discovery, The Expanse, The Good Place
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Sorry to Bother You
    Where do you live? the coolest neighbourhood in Ireland. No seriously, it won a vote.
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? I have none of these
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? All the refugees they let in
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Smash capitalism, comrade!
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Some sort of food, and/or drink
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Whoever would be best to bust me out of TSA jail.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Berlin
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Mark Hall, of course.

Name: Chris
    Age Range: 33-35
    Comics you’re currently buying: Oblivion Song, Something is killing the children, Isola, Punisher: Soviet
    Favorite Millar book? Civil War or Chrononauts
    Favorite comic characters: Wolverine
    Top TV shows right now: I’m currently catching up on GOT. Archer, College Football
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Endgame
    Where do you live? St Ives, no… not that one… the good one.
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Let me check with my wife.
    What do you like about Millarworld/The Carrier? Green! Either that or the people!
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? That everyone was just a little kinder than necessary.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? A sampler of all the food of the world!
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? hmm… Nick Campbell (Powereds) – someone with his connections would ensure we could have the best time without having to spend much/anything. Taco (The League) – The wildcard. Quint (Jaws) – The guys gotta have stories for years. Mal Reynolds (Firefly) – It’d be interesting to see what he thought of the place, plus more stories. Nitz (Undergrads) – It’s be interesting to see how such a neurotic guy dealt with this situation.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? This place, but as a real pub or similar.
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Provably Garvey by virtue of him being the only forumitte I have actually met.

Name: *looks at username* Doug?
    Age Range: 18 – 35
    Comics you’re currently buying: trades, so it’s sporadic, but Usagi Yojimbo, epic collections, looking to catch up on Deadpool soon, Tomb of Dracula, Young Justice
    Favorite Millar book? Yeah, so, erm, I liked his Marvel stuff at the time, but they have not aged well at all and the last thing of his I read was Chrononauts, which was a bit naff, I thought.
    Favorite comic characters: Miyamoto Usagi, Blink, Songbird, Madrox, Stalker, Skids, Jean Grey, Rodimus, Springer, Mike ‘Ice’ Phillips, Death’s Head.
    Top TV shows right now: Right now? Taskmaster, Only Connect. Slightly less right now; Dark Matter, Kim’s Convenience, Schitt’s Creek, Game Center CX.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: The Princess Bride.
    Where do you live? In a house.
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? :mail: The old school smilies! :heart:
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I’d have it spin the other way.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Something that would give me an advantage in the Thunderball arena and avoid death, obvs.

Ok, I missed some, somehow, and I can’t edit my last post.

Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? 4 precogs and Morph.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Really want to go to Japan.
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Death before dishonour.

Name: Richard Boom, from the Netherlands
    SPAWN, TAROT WITCH OF THE BLACK ROSE, Animosity, RED SONJA & VAMPIRELLA MEET BETTY & VERONICA , RED SONJA / VAMPIRELLA, Five Years, LADY MECHANIKA,
    Vampirella , Gargantuan, FATHOM
    Tradewaiting: all things Millarworld

Favorite Millar book? > Hitgirl
    Favorite comic characters: Vampirella, Kabuki, Aria
    Top TV shows right now: Dark Crystal, Preacher, TWD
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Marvel Universe
    Where do you live? > The Netherlands

> for peep’s sake start manufacturing those air- or waterdriven cars alrady!!
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? > fries, grilled chicken, pease
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? none. Gambling feels dumb. But if Vegas had a comicon I would visit? Then I would go with The Mummy, Big Foot, Creature of Lagoon, a mermaid, vampirella
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? NYCC Comicon
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Sean E

From COmicsforsinners :)

Richard’s love for the BadGrrl/GoodGrrl genre (as confessed here and here) started way back in the early 90s when he discovered some Harris Vampirella comics, as well as jumping on board of the train called Image Comics, with lovely titles such as Witchblade, Darkchylde, Avengelyne and many more.

In 2001, Richard started BadGrrlFanClub via Yahoo Groups, where he distributed all the news about strong female persona’s and gathered a wide following.

After taking those first steps, Richard increased his presence in the world of comics, from working at conventions (F.A.C.T.S.) to Headlines Editor at a comic book news site (Broken Frontier) to even get in the comic business itself doing PR work and helping artists around the globe find gigs (via Boom Art Department) and editing comic books (Nancy In Hell On Earth, Rogues!) and translating Ravine, Tomb Raider and Dragon Age.
    Richard currently is also working on a comic book series and art book, based on his favorite sketchbook theme, Hot Mummy!

Name: Jerry (the n is silent)
    Age Range: 60; yes, that’s right!
    Comics you’re currently buying: Mignolaverse stuff, Criminal, Lazarus, Savage Dragon, East of West, Manor Black, other non-DC, non-Marvel stuff
    Favorite Millar book? Jupiter’s Legacy
    Favorite comic characters: Hellboy, Savage Dragon, Forever Carlyle
    Top TV shows right now: Last Week Tonight
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Avengers Endgame (I don’t get out much)
    Where do you live? NYC area
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? I’m off the grid
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? “Free Beer Friday”

I wrote a long and amusing set of answers to these yesterday and my post promptly vanished.

So, hello, I’m David (or Dave).

I like the Legion of Super-Heroes.

That is all :|

I thought you were better at this old-school type stuff…not worse. :-)

Name: Tobias Radesäter
    Age Range: 40-49
    Comics you’re currently buying: None in single issues, in trades: The Black Monday Murders, Superman, Southern Bastards, Outer Darkness, East of West, Criminal, Oblivion Song, and some other ones
    Favorite Millar book? Ultimates
    Favorite comic characters: Milo Bloom
    Top TV shows right now: Stranger Things, Better Call Saul
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    Where do you live? Linköping, Sweden
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? Nothing yet, I just got here

Name: Dave
    Age Range: Late Thirties
    Comics you’re currently buying: Oh, loads. Batman: Curse of the White Knight, Batman: Last Knight On Earth, Blade Runner 2019, Criminal, Faithless, Green Lantern, Harleen, HoX/PoX, Superman: Year One, even Spawn for the anniversary issues.
    Favorite Millar book? Ultimates. Then out of the Millarworld stuff, Starlight, probably.
    Favorite comic characters: Spider-Man, Batman, Imbattable
    Top TV shows right now: Inside No. 9, Better Call Saul, Fleabag, This Time With Alan Partridge, What We Do In The Shadows, loads of stuff really.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Tie for the Matrix & Pulp Fiction at their anniversary screenings. But for new movies, maybe Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.
    Where do you live? In Your Computer
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Yes, I have all of these.
    What do you like about The Carrier? Seeing people randomly get their posts deleted, but only because it hasn’t happened to me yet.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? To go back to foil wrapping for Kitkats.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? A foil-wrapped Kitkat.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Dave Lister, Bruce Wayne, Ed from Shaun of the Dead, Han Solo and whichever one of the X-Men has good-luck powers, there must be loads of them.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? New York
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Ronnie, if only to ensure we’d definitely get somewhere with a high enough ceiling.

Name: Eduardo
    Age Range: Confidential, but right around the 40s.
    Comics you’re currently buying: The X titles, Dynamite’s James Bond and some on/off Marvel&DC stuff like Batman and Superman titles.
    Favorite Millar book? The one to come
    Favorite comic characters: Deadshot & Immortal Iron Fist :p
    Top TV shows right now: DARK.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Will get back to you on this one
    Where do you live? Argentina
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Me no comprende.
    What do you like about The Carrier? Another place to annoy Keravin and chat with Lorcan about weird transformers stuff.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? The World
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Parmesan cheese wrapped in bacon. Lots of it.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? London again, probably.
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? He knows.

Eduardo – No, no and thrice no.

Such a persecution complex.

Name: Mark Abnett
    Age Range: 40 going on 12
    Jason Arrons Avengers, Hickman X-Men, doomsday clock(when did this thing start again?)
    Favorite Millar book? Millarworld Annual( what I can’t pick that?) Ultimates
    Favorite comic characters: Nathan Christopher Summers Askani’son The Traveller The Chosen One aka Cable
    Top TV shows right now:
    The magnificent Mrs Maisel, Derry Girls, Rick And Morty, The Good Place.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Endgame for the feels.
    Where do you live? Scotland!!
    0000 0011 0000 0001 The humans are dead.
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? It exists
    The atheistic of this forum. It makes my eyes bleed.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Creamy mash potatoes and ox tounge
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? If it’s vegas? Longshot,Domino for luck Tony Stark for cash, Cap for the stories, Flash to top up our drinks.
    Marvel HQ
    Todd, no Jim! Wait Lorcan!
    No it has to be Benobiewan as he would have all the trades and be respectful

Such a persecution complex.

It’s only a persecution complex if you can’t find evidence.

Hi I’m Tim

I like relaxing in the sun, puppy dogs, and shooting people in the fucking face with my playstation controller.

That last part is a joke, I don’t own a playstation controller.

Hey Tim :yahoo:

Great to hear from you…and also puppies. Puppies are still great.

Name: Simon Jones…I have been telling people since I was child that my middle name is Mandrake, but isn’t.

Age Range: It ain’t the years honey, it’s the mileage.

Amazing Spider-Man, Criminal, Fantastic Four, Immortal Hulk and whatever Matt Garvey is working on these days.

Favorite Millar book? 1985.

Favorite comic characters: Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Superman, Mr. Fantastic Captain Britain, Giffen era Blue Beetle, Black Panther.

Top TV shows right now: Star Trek Discovery, Doctor Who…and I’m a bit behind, but I love Game of Thrones. I’m studiously avoiding spoilers. But Sean Bean is awesome in it. I can’t wait to see how his character develops through the series.

Best movie you saw in the last year: have agreed that the portals scene in Endgame is not just the greatest moment in the MCU, it may be the pinnacle of human endeavour. We may have been a bit hyped when we had that discussion and much sugar may have been consumed. So Endgame.

Where do you live? In a little town once upon a time, not so very long ago and not so very far away.

Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? I don’t understand the question. I just called her Mother…

What do you like about The Carrier? The carrying part. I’m exhausted. Can you take these bags.

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Add a reboot button to allow us to turn it off and back on, reset connections and run a login script that would clear any glitches.

If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Steak medium rare and a baked potato…And could we could a bottle of wine for the table?

Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Danny Ocean, Nick Fury, James Bond, Bertram Wooster, Reginald Jeeves. Trust me, it would be a blast.

If you could visit one place, where would you go? The Marvel Universe.

If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? I’m not sure anyone would put up with me. In the Odd Couple scenario, I’m very much a Felix.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Simon Jones.

Name: Jake
    Age Range: Decades
    Comics you’re currently buying: Too many, but loving HOX/POX
    Favorite Millar book? Trouble
    Favorite comic characters: Wally West, Alex Summers, Clint Barton, your mom
    Top TV shows right now: Lodge 49, Preacher, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Once Upon a Time in California
    Where do you live? North America?
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Bank of America #382968; 867-69-5309; Mother of Dragons
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? Forgetting how to write codes
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? @ronniem‘s shitty attitude.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Nails
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Wally West, Alex Summers, Clint Barton, Han Solo, and your mom
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Australia, somewhere in Australia
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? @will, because he’d handle my laundry

If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? @will, because he’d handle my laundry

Is that just because Patrick isn’t around anymore?

Name: To you guys, Jim O’Hara
    Age Range: Fourty fucking four. Probably lived more than half my life at this point. So that sucks.
    Comics you’re currently buying: Only the books Millar makes.
    Favorite Millar book? It’s like picking a favorite child. I can’t answer.
    Favorite comic characters: Rocket, Blue Beetle, Starlord (but I think he’s a bit shit now). Huck, Corbin & Danny from Chrononauts, Edison Crane, Hit Girl.
    Top TV shows right now: Preacher as I haven’t seen the finale yet. After that I have no new show to watch. I’ll watch Peaky Blinders, but it’s not as good as it used to be. And it was never that great. Supernaural I guess, but it feels like it’s gone on too long.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Thor Ragnarok (I watched it again last week).
    Where do you live? In my own wee bubble
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? That I’m not footing the bill anymore.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Everyone would be naked.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Shepherds Pie.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? James Kirk, Rocket Raccoon, Dean Winchester, Ragnar Lothbrook and Apone from Aliens.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? The North Pole
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Does it have to be just one? Can’t we have a commune?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Jim.

I’m Max and i just like to hanging out with Millarworld forums (or mwrefugee, or thecarrier)

I was a user/outsider of Millarworld Forums before i joined the group in this year (and before Millarworld Forums died twice)

Name: Parker
    Age Range: Eternal
    Comics you’re currently buying: I binge buy/read.
    Favorite Millar book? It changes from time to time.
    Favorite comic characters: Deaths Head, Deadpool, Taskmaster, those sorts of boyos.
    Top TV shows right now: Wu-Tang: An American something or other
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Endgame. Why not…
    Where do you live? The arse end of nowhere fun
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? It wouldn’t be worth your time using them.
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? No Diversity thread… Oh no, wait…
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Anti vax conspiracy theorists wind me up worse than Nazis
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Nothing, I need to leave room for my enemies.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Harley Quinn, Psylocke, Domino, Catwoman, Wednesday Adams.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? The future.
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? The sweet embrace of death.

Name: Arjan Dirkse
    Age Range: adult baby
    Comics you’re currently buying: none
    Favorite Millar book? The Ultimates
    Favorite comic characters: Batman, Promethea
    Top TV shows right now: not watching any tv either, sry
    Best movie you saw in the last year: I kinda liked Captain Marvel, thougn nothing great
    Where do you live? Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? It’s a place on the internet that doesn’t suck
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? make everything not suck
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? pepperoni pizza
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tze, Mohammed, Spider Jerusalem
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Venice
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Ronnie, he likes good beer and seems like he’s good at getting stuff done

Name:Gareth Jones
    Age Range:18-65
    Comics you’re currently buying: Hickman’s X-Men, Bendis’ Superman, a lot of Image books, always 2000ad.
    Favorite Millar book? This is no longer a Millar board. My favourite Miller book is Daredevil: Love and War.
    Favorite comic characters: Kitty Pryde and Brian Braddock
    Top TV shows right now: Pointless
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Spiderverse
    Where do you live? Penang, Malaysia
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Yes, no, yes.
    What do you like about The Carrier? I’m in charge
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Open borders
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Evans pie and chips
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Machu Pichu
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Sanjay, he’s cuddly.

What do you like about The Carrier? I’m in charge

This actually made me laugh audibly.

Name: Jason R. Carter
    Age Range: 40s
    Comics you’re currently buying: Not buying but reading a lot online.
    Favorite Millar book? Ultimate X-Men
    Favorite comic characters: Black Panther, Spider-Man, Savage Dragon, Static
    Top TV shows right now: Law and Order SVU, Black Lightning,
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Aquaman
    Where do you live? Chappaqua, considering moving back to Brooklyn
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Nice try
    What do you like about The Carrier? Continuing in the glorious legacy of Millarworld
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Less racism
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Pork chops, mac and cheese, broccoli, creamed spinach, fried chicken, pizza
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? T’Challa, Tony Stark, Hercules, Thor, Ben Grimm
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Africa
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Tough choice

Name: Kalman Meir Linietsky
    Age Range: 25
    Comics you’re currently buying: None, It’s too expensive
    Favorite Millar book? The Authority. If we can count co-writing, Ultimate FF
    Favorite comic characters: Pre-New 52 Beastboy/Changeling, Booster Gold, Starfire, Captain America, Wally West, Alan Scott, Ben Grimm, Thor, Cyborg
    Top TV shows right now: None
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Black Panther. Waited awhile to see it, as the fact that Xhosa makes no sense to be spoken in the part of Africa where MCU Wakanda is, but me off, as a linguistics student.
    Where do you live? Queens, NY, but on the whole, I’d rather be in Philadelphia
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? If comics are to expensive for me, no one will be able to use this stuff anyway.
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? It exists
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Too many things to list.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Head of Lamb. Served Godfather style.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? I wouldn’t go to Vegas
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Jerusalem
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Anyone except Lorcan. Actually, maybe Lorcan, just to see who’ll go mad first.;)

Name: Chris
    Age Range: 35-37
    Comics you’re currently buying: Been catching up on a lot of DC Rebirth comics through the DCU service
    Favorite Millar book? Red Son
    Favorite comic characters: Virginia Applejack and Crazy Jane
    Top TV shows right now: The Expanse
    Best movie you saw in the last year: I can’t even remember what I’ve watched in the last year.
    Where do you live? Back in the Silicon Valley after two years in a much quieter Colorado
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? It’s a fun place to discuss just about anything, especially things my girlfriend gets tired of hearing me talk about. While I’ve never personally met anyone here, I feel like a know the lot of you, so that’s cool.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? The rays of the yellow sun would give me superpowers
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? pepperoni pizza from my favorite pizza place
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Tony Stark, Kaylee from Firefly, Margo from the Magicians, Rocket, and Danny the Street
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Italy or Iceland
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Someone quiet?

Name: Will C
    Age Range: 29
    Comics you’re currently buying: Criminal, Stray Bullets, Monstress, The Green Lantern, House/Powers of X, Ironheart, Copra, some others
    Favorite Millar book? Wolverine: Enemy of the State
    Favorite comic characters: Wolverine, Jack Frost (The Invisibles), Morpheus, Daredevil, Elektra, Batman, Cyclops, Tom Strong, Tetsuo
    Top TV shows right now: Better Call Saul, Venture Brothers, Fargo, Legion, Dark, Fleabag, It’s Always Sunny
    Best movie you saw in the last year: High Life or Long Day’s Journey into Night
    Where do you live? Massachusetts
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden Name? 12, 270, and Four
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? The green. And the people.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I’ll go with a selfish answer and say I want David Lynch to get to make at least two more film or TV projects before he retires or dies
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Samosas cooked to perfection: slightly oily on the outside, with a crisp, flaky shell
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Void from WildCATs, Domino, Tesla Strong, Angie Spica, and Catwoman
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? The Northern Lights
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Whoever’s got the best grubhub delivery radius

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Will_C.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Will_C.

JIM:

Top TV shows right now: Preacher as I haven’t seen the finale yet. anything with tits, blood, and graphic violence

FTFY

Name:Rocket (Don)
    Comics: Millar stuff, Hickman, Zub, Simone, Tynion III, and Snyder
    Miilar Book: Ultimates, Magic Order
    Favorite Characters: Snyder/Tynions Hawkwoman, Detective Chimp, Captain America, Cypher/Krakoa, and Nightwing’s butt
    TV: most of mine have been laid to rest recently, Preacher, Killjoys, Legion, and Dark Matter. And Agents of Shield is on its deathbed.
    I Live: The Roc
    Carrier: why it has to be our new benevolent, generous, genius Master of Our universe: Gareth :heart:
    One thing to change: All News Channels and politically social media would disappear. I remember the day when you had 1/2 hr of local news and 1/2 hr of National news and that was it
    glorious meal: Lobster Mac and Cheese made with the best cheeses from all the lands, sprinkled with prosciutto
    Vegas: Neena Thurman, Molly Carpenter, Emma Frost, Charlie Bradbury, and Zatanna Zatara. 2 mutants, 2 witches, and 1 hacker.
    where: New Zealand, natural beauty, cultural significance(LOTR movies), and Kiwis seem like fun people(discovered after meeting Karl Urban and Antony Starr)
    who: think I request a single (don’t want anyone nicking my stuff. can’t have a loose Hadron collider wandering around)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Rocket.

Please allow me to introduce myself
    I’m a man of wealth and taste…

Name: Alex
    Languages beside English: Some Portuguese
    Comics currently buying: Xmen, Batman
    Favorite Millar book: Ultimates and Authority (tie)
    Favorite comic characters: Batman, Wolverine, Joker, Arcade, the Authority
    Favorite creators: Morrison, Millar, Miller, Claremont back in the day
    Books: Dummies books, some chess books
    Magazines: Some entertainment magazine, (no booty magazines)
    Top TV shows: Cobra Kai, about to get into the Boys
    Favorite movies: Godfather, Pulp Fiction, Purple Rain, Forrest Gump, Devil wears Prada, original Robocop
    Hobbies: Comics, PC’s, gadgets, some video games like original Tomb Raider, Batman
    Music: Led Zeppelin, the Smiths, Prince, the Beatles
    Sports: Baseball, American football
    Dislikes: spite, ignorance, sarcasm, racism
    Celebrities you like: Samuel Jackson, Chris Evans,
    Secret Crush: Taylor Rooks and others too many to mention
    Celebrities you would go back in time for: Jane Russell, Ann Margret, Pam Grier, Lynda Carter, Raquel Welch … too many to mention
    Personal Philosophy: Be brave enough to face your fears and just do what you dread
    Other Stuff: What more do you want to know?

Alex

WHAT!??

Maybe Alex’s e-button was defective and produced an -.

I just feel like everything I’ve known has been a lie

I legit thought Al was a chick at first, cause I read his nick as “Alix”… it soon became clear he was a robot and understood it was A.I.-X… =P

Alex my ass… you can’t fool you me bloody skynet!!!! xD

Also, I don’t like these threads so fuck off… you either know me by now or you don’t, and good for you if you don’t =P

I’m 39… that’s the only relevant bit you need to know for census purposes.

Gar will decide that.

Alex my ass

It’s Alfred, actually….

Jon wrote:

Gar will decide that

Gar can decide how old Jon is?

Correct. Jonathan is now proclaimed to be 57.

1 user thanked author for this post.

not cool ='(

Name: Andrew
    Comics you’re currently buying: Savage Dragon. Marvel Unlimited
    Favorite Millar book? Unfunnies
    Favorite comic characters: Cable, Shatterstar, Batman, Spidey, Savage Dragon
    Top TV shows right now: Mindhunter, Stranger Things, Good Place
    Best movie you saw in the last year:
    Where do you live? Sydney, Australia
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? That it exists
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? No billionaires
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Pizza
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Back to NYC
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Anyone neat and tidy – most of y’all seem fine

Name: Andrew

I think Gar will decide that.

Andrew is 17, I have decided.

Oooh! I want to be 23!

No … 24!

73 mon cherie!

Boooo

Booooo this horrible new regime

So here you all are.

Chic McGregor. Aged 68 and 3/4 going on 21 and 1/3.

Due to family issue been virtually absent from the internet for about 6 weeks.

Chic, you are now declared to be 48 here on The Carrier.

Name: Ronnie
    Age Range: Fourties
    Comics you’re currently buying: Action Comics, Batman: Curse of the White Knight, Batman: Universe, Event Leviathan, Justice League, Superman, Sharkey the Bounty Hunter, Space Bandits, Conan the Barbarian and X-Men
    Favorite Millar book? Superior
    Favorite comic character: Superman
    Top TV shows right now: Stranger Things
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Art of Racing in the Rain
    Where do you live? Ohio
    What do you like about The Carrier? The people.
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? More people choosing to be kind.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? A great cheeseburger and an amazing beer.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Not sure.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Scotland
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Jim. I’ve already done it and it didn’t turn out too bad. Though there are others that I wouldn’t be opposed to.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by RonnieM.

Jim. I’ve already done it and it didn’t turn out too bad.

‘Tops and fingers’ not a bad result on the first night, hard to argue with.

…I wrote a post and was quite proud that I managed to post it because the board rejected my first attempt, but now it isn’t showing it? And if I try to post it again, it says it’s a double post, so it must be somewhere? Huh.

Can you alter it slightly so the new post isn’t an exact duplicate?

Name: Christian
    Age Range: Mid-Fucking-Forties. Be obliged if you can do something about this, Mr. Jones.
    Comics you’re currently buying: Only in trades these days: Saga, Blackhammer, Lucifer, The Dreaming, the Wicked & the Divine, Gideon Falls, Ascender, Coda, still pretty much anything Ellis writes and whatever Tom King does outside of Batman and HiC…
    Favorite Millar book? The Unfunnies. I’m not even kidding.
    Favorite comic character: John Constantine
    Top TV shows right now: Fargo, Doom Patrol, The Expanse, The Boys, Black Mirror, Better Call Saul, Rick and Morty, Westworld
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Roma
    Where do you live? Germany, Bonn (near Cologne)
    What do you like about The Carrier? The colours!
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? I would turn whatever it is that makes people empathic up to eleven.
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Fried potatoes with Kräuterquark.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? John Constantine, Cassidy, Delirium, Ash Williams, Bruce Wayne.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Ian Banks’ The Culture (they’re kind of a place. In a way.).
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Can’t pick just one. My vision is a weekend in a cabin in the woods with all of you fine people. Possibly turning into a Battle Royal kind of scenario, just to see who would win (betting on Mique).
    ***—

Can you alter it slightly so the new post isn’t an exact duplicate?

Good idea, cheers!

Good idea, cheers!

Now you’ve posted it twice. ;-)

Bonn (near Cologne)

You realise that people who don’t know where Bonn is don’t know where Cologne is either, so that doesn’t help? :-)

You realise that people who don’t know where Bonn is don’t know where Cologne is either, so that doesn’t help?

Umm…I’m not really familiar with Bonn but I do know Cologne.
    Bonn doesn’t have it’s own geographically protected beer style (that I’m aware of). ;-)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by RonnieM.

You realise that people who don’t know where Bonn is don’t know where Cologne is either, so that doesn’t help?

Umm…I’m not really familiar with Bonn but I do know Cologne.
    Bonn doesn’t have it’s own geographically protected beer style (that I’m aware of). ;-)

Well obviously I’m familiar with Cologne too, and Bonn wasn’t the place that Rainbow’s essential bootleg Live In Köln 1976 – Kölner Sporthalle 25.9.1976 was recorded. But nevertheless :unsure:

I actually have two reasons: For one I assume that there’s some people who, even if they aren’t expert on kinds of beer, know Cologne by name. Whereas I don’t think anybody remembers Bonn, even if it used to be the German capital in the old BRD, before the re-unification. The other reason is I used to live in Cologne, until three years ago, and kinda feel like I still do, Bonn only being a hop away from there.

Now you’ve posted it twice. ;-)

I did?! Because I can only see it once… :unsure:

I remember Bonn! As a kid I found it fascinating that Germany had two capitals. Did the move away from Cologne also mean another job?

Nah, I actually moved a bit close to where my work is. But the main reason is that ´my girlfriend doesn’t really like big cities, so Bonn is a bit of a compromise – it’s a mid-level city where population is concerned, but with a very good cultural infrastructure because it used to be the capital.

Hey guys! Finally made it. Missed you. Hope you’ve been well.

Glad you made it over Vikram!

Welcome to the Carrier Vikram, thanks for the Patreon sub.

Hello humans. I am a human that has found this forum through my biologically human brother anders, in sweden known by his alias Anders.

I am mostly a manga enthusiast, although I have a long and intimate relationship with Peter Parker. My favourite comic of the non-japanese comic world is probably Planetary. It is a nice piece. Harder to give a specific favourite in the manga world, but I love Inoue Takehiko’s work, and Urasawa Naoki’s.

I am an anthropology student and a hobbyist artist. I love painting in ink and oils.

Favorite Millar book? Who is this person?
    Favorite comic character: Wolverine
    Top TV shows right now: Not watching anything right now, looking forward toward the Wheel of Time-series
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Jojo Rabbit
    Where do you live? Southern sweden
    What do you like about The Carrier? WE SHALL SEE
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Less polemics, more cooperation and maybe, you know, be excellent to each others?
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? Aloo Gobi with lots of coriander
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Dr Cox, Michael from the Office, Dale Cooper, Bonchien from Fumetsu no anata e, Mat from the Wheel of Time
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Lhasa
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? I don’t know c:

Good evening!

5 users thanked author for this post.

Hey a new person! Welcome John.

Welcome, John! You’ll do fine here :)

Dale Cooper is a nice pick for going to Vegas, although… what would happen if he ran into Dougie Jones?

I have a feeling that one or two brothers in this thread right here is about to discover just how badly the internet persona of their genetic neighbor represents the real person.

I wonder which one of us it’ll be. Will it be the kinda cute but nonsense-spouting know-it-all with an inferiority complex who lives for sex, drugs and social justice? Or will it be me?

You’ll fit right in here, bro. Oh, and I fixed it for you:

I am an anthropomorphic stud and a lobbyist fartist. I love panting in stink and soils.

You’re welcome. No seriously, welcome aboard!

Goodly evening, John. You’re very welcome aboard.

Welcome John! Good to have you here.

Thank you all for the warm welcoming! We’ll see if I find some firm footing in this forum.

@Will_c Dougie will probably get some coffee and some cherry pie and smile. How Dale reacts will be quite interesting!

Cherry pie.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Hello everyone! My name is Michal. Anders introduced me to this beautifully nostalgic looking place on the internet

Name: Michal
    Age Range: I’m 19
    Comics you’re currently buying: I’m currently trying to save some money

Favorite Millar book? I never read any of his books (please don’t murder me)

Favorite comic characters: Hellboy

Top TV shows right now: I’m not a big TV show person

Best movie you saw in the last year: The platform

Where do you live? The middle of the desert

Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Hmmm

What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? I like the nostalgic feel of it

If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? More animals, less humans.

If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat? A massive bowl of ramen with extra noodles, half a liter of pistachio ice cream, five bars of Reese’s sticks.

Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Bart Simpson, Kylo Ren, Jake the dog from Adventure Time, The Iron Giant and Mister Bean

If you could visit one place, where would you go? Norway

If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick?L I don’t know what that means.

I would love talking to new people on this place on the internet :)

9 users thanked author for this post.

New blood is always welcome!

"What We Do in the Shadows" Promos Give Historical ...

Favorite comic characters: Hellboy

You had me at “Hellboy”. Welcome, Michal!

Welcome aboard Michal. If you don’t quite understand one or two bits here, never mind and just bask in the old skool vibes as a lot of it doesn’t really make any sense to anyone. 😂

4 users thanked author for this post.

pistachio ice cream

Welcome Michal.

Welcome

Favorite Millar book? I never read any of his books (please don’t murder me)

Don’t worry we are no longer sponsored by him and I believe most of his biggest fans have left here.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Thank you all! You all seem like very cool people :)

Thank you all! You all seem like very cool people :)

Feel free to jump into any thread! We always appreciate new perspectives on topics.

Hello everyone! My name is Michal. Anders introduced me to this beautifully nostalgic looking place on the internet

Comics you’re currently buying: I’m currently trying to save some money

This place might be a bit dangerous in this respect, we do tend to recommend lots of cool stuff!

Well, it’s time to sell some kidneys!

If you want to not spend cash, don’t drop by the Trades thread in Comics.

If you want to not spend cash, don’t drop by the Trades thread in Comics.

You make it sound like there’s an admission fee.

We always appreciate new perspectives on topics.

Especially on movies such as recent SW movies and classics like Man of Steel and Prometheus. :whistle:

and classics like Man of Steel and Prometheus

If you’re saying we haven’t had a new perspective on those movies while at the same time keep coming back to them all the time…

Challenge ac-fucking-cepted.

Hi everyone, I’m new here, though I’ve known Anders for a while… which is how I found this wonderful place.

Name: Tom
    Age Range: Just turned 40 last week
    Comics you’re currently buying: Mostly just read what people recommend these days, but when I was younger I collected Doctor Strange, Hellblazer, The Authority, Transmetropolitan, 100 Bullets and a few others.
    Favorite Millar book? The Authority or Red Son
    Favorite comic characters: Doctor Strange, John Constantine, and that lovable scamp Spider Jerusalem
    Top TV shows right now: They keep cancelling my favourite shows like Firefly, and Altered Carbon. But I’ve still got The Expanse which makes me happy. Also Inside Job was better than I thought it would be… I’m looking forward to seeing where they go with it.
    Best movie you saw in the last year: Ronin… it’s always Ronin.
    Where do you live? Cork
    Bank Account, Social Security Number, Mothers Maiden name? Yes, no, and Yes
    What do you like about Millarworld The Carrier? It seems like a great community
    If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? Capitalism
    If you could have one last meal before your glorious death in the Thunderball arena, what would you eat?  My opponent.
    Top 5 fictional characters you’d go to Vegas with? Malcolm Reynolds, Sherlock Holmes, Kermit D. Frog, Jean-Luc Picard, and Bugs Bunny.
    If you could visit one place, where would you go? Home
    If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Anders

7 users thanked author for this post.

If you had to room with another Millarworlder, who would you pick? Anders

Francis

in between my 20s and 30s

Waiting for Sandman volumes I lack and Reckless to be available in my local bookstore

Top Gun Maverick, Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman

Where do you live? In a mysterious Island

What do you like about the Carrier? I just got here from being lost.

If we change too much about the world, it gonna get confused.

I currently can’t afford to go to Vegas

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by francisg.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Francis

Waiting for Sandman volumes I lack and Reckless to be available in my local bookstore

Welcome (back)!

Francis

Welcome (back)!

Glad to be back sir!

Viewing 96 replies - 1 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar