DC Movies & TV discussion

Home » Forums » Movies, TV and other media » DC Movies & TV discussion

• This topic has 1,017 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Dave.
Author
Topic

Talk about all live-action and animated DC stuff here.

Viewing 17 replies - 1,001 through 1,017 (of 1,017 total)
Author
Replies

I doubt Cavill is in any position to be telling studios to Fuck themselves.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Well good thing I was just talking about WB in relation to superman, and not studioS in general… but nice try.

Either way, Cavill doesn’t come across like that kind of guy. He’s very careful about what he says publicly, always positive. Which is the professional way to be, for an actor.

I think the idea is pretty awesome, though. He’d make a great Ultraman.

3 users thanked author for this post.

supermancastphoto

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bald Nicholas Hoult has a very big head.

Damn… Nathan Fillion’s kind of a flop magnet, so good luck I guess…

You consider multiple long running tv shows and the last movie he was in making over 800 million and being a critical success, a flop magnet?🤨..That last movie was GoTG 3 by the way, also written and directed by James Gunn.

If you want a real flop magnet, just look at Henry Cavills IMDB😬.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Ian Smith.

I don’t really think star power is as significant a factor as it used to be, I don’t think there are many leading names that really have a massively tangible impact on box office one way or the other these days, so a track record of hits/flops is often more dumb luck than anything else.

But sidestepping that aspect, I do think Gunn is good at putting together ensemble casts and I think deserves a fair amount of faith on this one. Even if the movie seems a little bit overcrowded in terms of significant characters at this stage (based on what little we know of it so far), there’s at least some decent talent involved.

2 users thanked author for this post.

You consider multiple long running tv shows and the last movie he was in making over 800 million and being a critical success, a flop magnet?🤨..That last movie was GoTG 3 by the way, also written and directed by James Gunn.

If you want a real flop magnet, just look at Henry Cavills IMDB😬.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Ian Smith.

So he’s been in 2 succesful TV shows… and extremely minor roles in the GOTG movies… yay… You seem to be forgetting the rest of his historial. I mean, nothing against the dude, I like him a lot, but he seems to either have poor luck or be kinda cursed… Or I guess he was before Castle, although he hasn’t really fared much better since… The Rookie isn’t exactly a hot property.

Also, what does Cavill have to do with it? Ah wait, I forgot, you’re a petty manchild.

So he’s been in 2 succesful TV shows… and extremely minor roles in the GOTG movies… yay… You seem to be forgetting the rest of his historial.

Four successful TV shows, really. Firefly’s cancellation wasn’t due to lacking success. And he was on Buffy. Serenity did flop, but that’s a exactly one movie. Where the rest of his history is concerned: just look at his imdb. He was on a thousand shows and in quite a few movies which all did fine; calling him a flop magnet is just trolling.

Now, he’s not an A-list movie star, sure. His major roles outside of Firefly/Serenity were mainly in Gunn’s movies (not just the recent ones, but also Slither and Super – both of which were awesome movies, as well, by the way, and didn’t flop by any means). But then, I don’t expect Guy in Legacy to have a role much larger than the guy he played in GotG.

And anyway, I love Fillion and I’m not into cop procedurals, so I’m always happy to see him do different stuff.

Four successful TV shows, really. Firefly’s cancellation wasn’t due to lacking success. And he was on Buffy. Serenity did flop, but that’s a exactly one movie. Where the rest of his history is concerned: just look at his imdb. He was on a thousand shows and in quite a few movies which all did fine; calling him a flop magnet is just trolling.

Christian, you are trying to argue logically with Jon. Why?

just look at his imdb

I am:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/

It’s… not particularly amazing…

Sure he’s been a guest-star in a ton of shows, but he only has three shows with more than 15 appearances tho, Castle, The Rookie, and “Two guys, a gril and a pizza place”, whatever the fuck that was (seems to have been succesful tho)… and no, I’m sorry, being in buffy for 5 episodes doesn’t entitle him to a W, that’s preposterous. Also, sure, he’s done quite a lot of VA… but yeah, saying he’s not an A-list movie is the understatement of the fuckin’ century…

But then, I don’t expect Guy in Legacy to have a role much larger than the guy he played in GotG.

Well, who knows, but I thought it was funny considering how the picture is framed… anyways… whatever.

Christian, you are trying to argue logically with Jon. Why?

Yeah, why indeed? y’all should stay within the coziness of your echochamber… also, piss off dude.

Also also, I don’t even know why I still log in to this place… serves me right I guess :unsure:

I don’t even know why I still log in to this place

Coincidentally, this is also The Carrier’s official slogan.

It’s… not particularly amazing…

That’s why I said he’s not an A-lister. You, however, claimed he was a flop magnet. How many flops do you count in those dozens of credits, then? Tell me how many of those made a loss because of Fillion.

Yeah, why indeed? y’all should stay within the coziness of your echochamber… also, piss off dude.

Jon, you have a habit of posting a negative opinion of almost everything and everyone, and of automatically challenging anyone on this board who questions or counters your opinion. See your response above to Ian Smith, where you call him a “petty man-child”, and your insistence in proving that Nathan Fillion is a flop-magnet despite his relative success and popularity.

Also also, I don’t even know why I still log in to this place…

Probably because the other people here tolerate your stubborn and narcissistic behavior. And because, deep down, you love us. :rose:

Jon, you have a habit of posting a negative opinion of almost everything and everyone

That’s rich… everything? Sure, I like complaining about stupid shit… everyone? Actors  and other public figures, sure… they’re fair game.

I never developed the habit of slinging shit at other users, unless provoked repeatedly, something I can’t say for the vast majority of you people who despite being, what, in your 40’s to 60’s still behave like middle school morons by getting personal all the fuckin’ time, because believe it or not, I don’t care, I’ve always been more interested in discussing movies, tv shows, comics, etc… I don’t really know any of you, I don’t really care.

No one, NO ONE has ever fored you (all) to reply to any of my posts if you disagree with my negative opinions, yet here we be… but I mean, sure keep believing whatever bullshit helps you feel morally superior I guess… seems you really need it  :unsure:

Probably because the other people here tolerate your stubborn and narcissistic behavior

Ahh… more personal and increidbly ironic insults… how surprising… I really wish we still had that rolls eyes emoticon… oh what the hell, one for the road… tried to find the largest one I could to properly convey my emotions:

face-with-rolling-eyes-emoji-2048x2048-wzv1104t

And because, deep down, you love us.

Wanna bet on that?

Pro tip: don’t.

Viewing 17 replies - 1,001 through 1,017 (of 1,017 total)

This topic is temporarily locked.

Skip to toolbar